i had a seizure :(
Hello :)
this is my first time on this site..
My name is Joseph, im 18 and just started college in carlow..
Last Saturday, at around lunch time, I had, what I believe to be, a seizure of some kind..
My vision began to jump, prior to the attack.. Basically I would look at something, say a tree, and when I looked away, I would still see the tree.. As my vision began to jump around, I began shaking.. I lost contentiousness and collapsed.. The attack lasted a few minutes.
When I woke up, my memory was gone and it took around 5 minutes to return..
This is the second time this has happened to me.. The last was two years ago over in England.. However the vision jumping thing has happened on a number of different occasions without resulting into a full blown seizure. The only thing I can think that links the two attack is lack of sleep.. I have been to the hospital and am on a waiting list for a specialist in this area.. The only other symptom was my blood sugar level was very low, around 2.6.
My question is, what should I be doing in the mean time?? Are these common signs of epilepsy?? Could lack of sleep cause this?? Any information or advice would be greatly appreciated.. Thank you
It might not be that serious. That's the bright side. Almost anyone can experience a siezure under the right circumstances.  In the future, should you suffer such an event you belong immediately in an ER. There are certain things they will look for that will disappear over time. In the U.S. any incident involving loss of consciousness mandates 24 hour in-hospital observation and an immediate CT or MRI. It is possible low blood sugar was a componant. You need a test called an Hba1c. In the future...Be very careful if you are driving, operating heavy equipment or standing near the edge of a rail platform. Post and tell what they say when you see a physician.
Caregiver222 is very right, when things like this happen you need to be very careful.  You should go to the ER when this happens.  In the future I hope that you figure out what is going on.  Good luck, and keep us updated.
Make a list of any new foods, medications, vaccines, or even home that you may have moved into.  It could be triggered by an alergy that you don't know about.  NO BATHS  water is a real danger if your seizures last that long.
Hi Joe, so sorry this happened to you! I also had to have a few seizures before I was diagnosed...it does sound to me a lot like before when I have mine. I am by no means a neurologist however!!! Like the previous posts have said you should go to the ER next time they will do the MRI and CT scan and then as you said get you into a specialist. I had my seizure on a thurs. And was in on a Monday. (To see the specialist) Now getting an appointment to see my doc. Is ridiculous lol. Beat of luck :)