Epilepsy Community
seizures, no epilepsy

This patient support community is for discussions relating to epilepsy, safety, school issues, and transportation issues.

seizures, no epilepsy

I had my first seizure 2/11 at 30 years old.  They blamed it on luvox,wellbutrin, and tramadol and took me off all three.  I still had seizures every few months so they recently put me on a seizure med. I started treatment for hep c last week and I had another one.  They all happen in my sleep and last anywhere from 10-40 minutes, and it takes almost an hour for me to snap out of it afterwards.  I've had tests done and they all came back negative.  If I'm off the meds that caused them shouldn't they go away?  The diagnoses after my first one (which took me 2 days to come to) was toxic encephalopathy with low potassium.  They said they had ruled everything else out and it was the only thing left.  Not a very confident diagnosis if you ask me.  Is it possible that these meds caused a seizure disorder of some kind and I'm just gonna have them now?  If so, wouldn't it show up on the EEG or MRI?  Should I be looking for more answers, and if so, where?
I wish I had an answer for you.  As we are not doctors, all we can do it give you advice.  If you feel that something is wrong you should probably speak up.   I wish you the best of luck and good luck.
Thanks anyway.  I've had 4 dr's not be able to figure it out, and the one I saw while I was in the hospital is supposed to be the best in the state.

I'm kinda just hoping someone has had a similar experience.  If a med causes you to have a seizure, will you continue to have them for years after discontinuing the med or should they stop after a couple months?