Epstein Barr Virus (EBV) Community
Racing heart symptom of mono??

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Epstein Barr Virus (EBV), chronic EBV, and infectious mononucleosis (mono).

Racing heart symptom of mono??

Hi im 18 and I need help with some possible mono symptoms. 2 months ago I started having bouts of tachycardia, usually up to 120 to 130, usually I get tachycardia and then fever imeddiatley after. So I had an echo and holter moniter and the echo said my heart looked great but the ekg suggested I had svt. But the doc said fevers and sickness can cause tachycardia. I was having anxiety and tachycardia and panic attacks almost every day for a month. I was still having the fevers but i was also having sinus pain so i figured the fevers were from sinus pain. 1 month after the onset i got really sick with mono symptoms, the roughest symptoms lasted 2 weeks. That was 2 weeks ago. Im still having sore throat, fatigue, some heart palpitations and overall like crap. my question is, has anyone had anything weird with thier heart since having or during mono? and can heart racing come on before mono? or was I going through mono from the begging and just hadnt gotten to the accute phase yet?
Hi, I would think your heart issues are more related to something other than mono.  Have you checked the Anxiety Forum on Medhelp?  In my opinion (keep in mind I'm not a doctor), I think it's much more likely the racing heart is caused by anxiety/panic attacks or something else.  If you don't agree with what your doctor has told you, you could get a second opinion.  As far as mono symptoms, they can last quite a while, especially if you're dealing with other factors (anxiety, sinuses, etc.).  I would try to get the other issues taken care of if possible, and that should let your body concentrate more on fighting off the EBV.  Hope this helps!
Hi, wondering how you're doing now. I have had chronic Epstein-Barr virus for over 20 yrs, had mono 33 yrs ago that essentially never went away. I found an infectious disease specialist and he says CEBV attacks the heart & causes supraventricular tachycardia. He is treating the CEBV with mega doses of anti-virals. If you are still experiencing all of this, don't wait until you are completely disabled before finding a specialist that knows what they are doing. This specialist is Dr. A. Martin Lerner in Beverly Hills, MI, near Detroit. Treatment generally takes a yr or longer but wish I had known this 20+ yrs ago. Such a waste of my life. Good luck!!
I was told I do not have Mono, but a high EBV, anyway, I have occasional PAC's (skipped beats) and my doc says they are not related to EBV, but, I have read they can be. I have had mine for over 8 years, and at that time, did not have EBV. I do know that anxiety and stress can bring on the tachycardia. It is no fun for sure.
Ok lets get started...im 45 and i have mono for the last 3 months...and its been hell to say the least...lol trying to get enough rest and work at the same time is basically murder...but im on a downward path with this mono and i think im in the last stages of it...or so i hope...my h eart also races from time to time and it does scare the hell out of you...ive been hooked up to ekg machines abd the lot to make sure my heart is ok...and i still get the same results...my heart is just fine...its just the mono throwing my body out of whack...but i do have some useful tips on how to ease ur symptoms...first pound water and fruit juices...eat alot of vegetables and fruits like oranges and strawberrys...stay away from fried foods and bread...remeber yr heart does the most work when u are digesting food so keep it light...dont eat a big meal all at once...its better to snack all day then to do that...second mono makes u constipated...so make sure ur eating alot of green things..and if that doesnt make u go to the bathroom take  a gentle laxitavite...like exlax or correctol...dont overwork ur body...take it easy as possible but do make sure u stay active...dont just lay around cause it can make ur musles cramp up...also one thing i do is i take 1 tylenol in the morning with a b12 vit...then in the evening i take a centrum chewable vit and another tylenol if i need it...thats it...dont take a large amonut of vit..d...ut makes ursypmtoms worse...or it did for me...the centrum chewable should have enough of the vit d u need...and lastly become more aware of ur body and sample different foods to see how it makes u feel...everybody is different so dont be afraid to try...mainly stay away from foods that will blote you...and keep ur belly semi full at all times... that should take care of the racing heart.. i made a mistake today and ate some popcorn chicken and low and behold my heart started racing away...when that happens stop wahat ur diing and take a couple of big deep breathes...and relax... remember ur body is fighting this virus all the time and thats why u need to rest as much as possible so ur body can produce more cells to help in the fight...above all keep ur head up...its going to be ok...ur not gonna die...just... misreable...lol tske care