Exercise & Fitness Community
Exercise and missed periods
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fitness, aerobics, exercise, pilates, sports, and yoga.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Exercise and missed periods

Hello,

I am 33 year old female, 4'9 and weight 92 lbs. I have lost a total of 83 lbs, on my own in the past 5 years. I have been exercising regualry for thepast 5 years but in the past 2 months I started a more vigorous regiment. I run 3 miles every other day, and on the other days I strength train, whether it be arms, abs, legs. I have also started running on the treadmill for 30 minutes as well on my off running says ( I know that makes no sense). So in other words, I run everyday. When I strength train I do it for about 30-45 minutes. I have also lowered my caloric intake to about 800-1000 a day. I am NOT a water drinker, don't like it can't drink it. Problem is, I have had regular menstral cycle (28)  days for the past 8 years. It has been more heavy and painful the past few years, BUT this month I 12 days late. I am not pregnant, I have taken several test and they are negative and my husband had a vasectomy many years ago. I am wondering if my exercise routine and my calorie intake could cause this to happen this month? I had my annual exam 2 weeks ago and will get the results in another week. Can someone please help me, I am worried that maybe I am doing to much exercise, but ehna gain there are many people that exercise out there that don't miss their periods. Very confused.