Exercise & Fitness Community
Pain While Running
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fitness, aerobics, exercise, pilates, sports, and yoga.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Pain While Running

I need help. I have asked so many people what is wrong with me. Avid runners, kinesiology majors, and whoever else I think may know and noone can help me. I have been running since high school, not as much as I am now but I have always ran throughout my life. Lately for the past few months I have started running a lot because I want to run in races. Every time I run I get a pain on my right side right under my rib. This is not normal. I have good form, I am breathing right, I don't eat for hours before my run, I'm hydrated. I'm doing everything right and it continues EVERY time I run. At first I couldnt run for more than 5 minutes when this started. Now I can sometimes get to 2 miles but it still hurts everytime I run. This is so frustrating becuase I know I can run for more than 2 miles but because my pains I am not able to. Also another issue I'm having, at times AFTER my run my stomach gets very upset and I have had lower abdominal pains for hours, it husrts so bad I cant do ANYthing and I want to cry. Can anyone help me? I'm more concerned with the running WHILE running but would like to fix both problems.
Related Discussions
1236893_tn?1394988190
Don't drink a whole lot of water right before you run - this only fills up your stomach and gives you cramps. Drink water all day to keep hydrated - don't try a quick fix right before. Also, make sure you stretch well (including your legs). Here's how to do a stretch for your sides.

1. stand up straight
2. stretch your right arm up over your head and lean to the left to stretch your right side.
3. repeat for the left

Also, make your you take deep breaths. Foods with potassium can help prevent cramps too  eat a banana every day.
The best way to solve this problem is to try an see what works or what seems to be causing them. Experiment. Try drinking water before you run and see if that prevents the cramps. See if when you do get a cramp if breathing differently will help. When you do get a cramp make note of the things you think may have caused it, and when you don’t get one also make note of those things. This will help you understand what is causing your cramps more specifically.
Have you had your gallbladder removed? Sphincter of Oddi dysfunction. This is a condition that can occur in those without a gallbladder.
Do you have endometriosis?
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Exercise & Fitness Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank