Aa
A
A
Close
Recovering anorexic calorie consumpation?
When I was about 14 I decided I wanted to lose some weight. So  I started to. And then it got out of control and I became obssessed and went from about 148 to 114 in about 3 months (I'm about 5'4). I would burn off every calorie I ate and was obssesed. My period stopped. Then, I started to chew and spit and binge and purge, which actually caused me to gain most of my weight back. This went on for about a year. So, recently I decided I decided I wanted to lose weight again. So I started to eat around 150 calories a day and burn it off (like old habits!), and then I just went down to 40 to 0 calories a day for about a month. This caused me to go down to 102. The other day, while going up the stairs, by heart felt as if it would stop. I couldn't breath! I knew I had to stop this. So, I confessed to my mother and just really out of the blue decided to start eating again. Now, I am terrified of gaining weight and really really don't want to. I've searched a whole lot on the internet to see how many calories I should be eating throughout the day (considering that I do power walk 4 miles everday) and the amount I should be eating varies on websites from 1,300 to 2,000. It's so confusing! And, is my BMR lower since I was only eating 20 calories per day? But I was eating 20 calories per day for only about a month? Help!
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
Hello!

Anything less than 1500 calories is not considered good for maintaining body functions. I would always suggest you to stay in a BMI of 25.

Achieve at least 20-22 BMI.

With 102 pounds and a height of 5 feet 4 inches you are at a BMI of 17.5 which is below normal value.

If you are in growing age which is till 20 your height will not increase it will remain around 5 feet 5 inches, you can get protein energy malnutrition, your energy supply can be on ketone bodies the break down products of your body protein, cardiac abnormalities etc.

This is not healthy as you are also walking and exercising and not leading a sedentary lifestyle.

If you have this kind of determination then eat at least 1800 calories with complex carbohydrates and protein avoiding fat and exercise regularly to maintain a BMI of 22.

The condition you are in is called Bulimia Nervosa with intermediate Anorexia Nervosa which is effecting your menstrual cycle. Take care!
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Recent Activity
177275 tn?1438375244
Blank
JohnHaganMD commented on Timing of Cataract Su...
5 hrs ago
Blank
erotida commented on Timing of Cataract Su...
7 hrs ago
4059843 tn?1465214932
Blank
mishymoshymarcy Breathe and let go, I can d... Comment
23 hrs ago
Blank
Weight Tracker
Achieve your weight goals
Start Tracking Now
Blank
Exercise Tracker
Make exercise part of your routine