Exercise & Fitness Community
Recovering anorexic calorie consumpation?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fitness, aerobics, exercise, pilates, sports, and yoga.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Recovering anorexic calorie consumpation?

When I was about 14 I decided I wanted to lose some weight. So  I started to. And then it got out of control and I became obssessed and went from about 148 to 114 in about 3 months (I'm about 5'4). I would burn off every calorie I ate and was obssesed. My period stopped. Then, I started to chew and spit and binge and purge, which actually caused me to gain most of my weight back. This went on for about a year. So, recently I decided I decided I wanted to lose weight again. So I started to eat around 150 calories a day and burn it off (like old habits!), and then I just went down to 40 to 0 calories a day for about a month. This caused me to go down to 102. The other day, while going up the stairs, by heart felt as if it would stop. I couldn't breath! I knew I had to stop this. So, I confessed to my mother and just really out of the blue decided to start eating again. Now, I am terrified of gaining weight and really really don't want to. I've searched a whole lot on the internet to see how many calories I should be eating throughout the day (considering that I do power walk 4 miles everday) and the amount I should be eating varies on websites from 1,300 to 2,000. It's so confusing! And, is my BMR lower since I was only eating 20 calories per day? But I was eating 20 calories per day for only about a month? Help!