Exercise & Fitness Community
Withdrawals from Lortabs - Exercise?

Take charge of your health by joining others like you. Ask a question, join a conversation, get tips: fitness, nutrition, and management tools / trackers.

Withdrawals from Lortabs - Exercise?

I have stopped taking pain meds a few days ago because they seemed to create endless obstacles in my very hectic life. Before using I worked out regularly, but over the past four years I have stopped working out initially the pain meds gave me this rush of energy, but then I had to have them to function. I felt a little better today (well I got out of bed) and I decided to work out on my eliptical trainer. I only did it for like 15 minutes, but its a start I guess. I was wondering if anyone has advise on if this will make me feel happier, and if there is anything else I should be doing?
With this you will feel happier from day 2 and will not need any meds.Continue with this once a day, for rest of life, after you feel better.
You need to help your body to build up your immune system.The breathing exercises - pranayam is a holistic approach creating extra oxygen supply in the body and will slowly help with the health problem.Do the pranayam to see the benefits.Build up your timing slowly and after two weeks at the suggested duration you will start to notice benefits.

Bhastrika - Take a long deep breath into the lungs(chest not tummy) via the nose and then completely breathe out through the nose.Duration upto 5 minutes.

Kapalbhati -(Do it before eating) Push air forcefully out through the nose about once per second. Stomach will itself go in(contract in). The breathing in(through the nose) will happen automatically. Establish a rhythm and do for upto 30 minutes twice a day.(Max 60 min/day) Not for pregnant women. Seriously ill people do it gently.

Anulom Vilom - Close your right nostril with thumb and deep breath-in through left nostril  
then – close left nostril with two fingers and breath-out through right nostril  
then -keeping the left nostril closed  deep breath-in through right nostril
then - close your right nostril with thumb and breath-out through left nostril.
This is one cycle of anulom vilom.
Repeat this cycle for 20 to 30  minutes twice a day(maximum 60 minutes in one day).
You can do this before breakfast/lunch/dinner or before bedtime or in bed.Remember to take deep long breaths into the lungs.You can do this while sitting on floor or chair or lying in bed.

Bhramri Pranayam -Close eyes. Close ears with thumb, index finger on forehead, and rest three fingers on base of nose touching eyes. Breathe in through nose. And now breathe out through nose while humming like a bee.
Duration : 5 to 10 times
----
Only by doing you will benefit and will feel good that you can do something to help the body.Copy and print this to master the technique.This is  simplified pranayam for everyone and you do not have to go to classes to learn. This is for life unlike short term classes where you do it in the class then stop when classes are over.  

Why were you taking the pain killers? I would also advise you to start with some light exercises like walking etc and then gradually go to the strenuous ones. Regular breathing exercises, eating regularly, maintaining hydration will also help.
mishymoshymarcy commented on mishymoshymarcy's status
KeeLolo commented on laureninlove's status
May 28
KeeLolo commented on photo
May 27
Achieve your weight goals
Exercise Tracker
Make exercise part of your routine