Eye Care Archive Expert Forum
Seeing Yellowish Gold Circles in Vision

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

Seeing Yellowish Gold Circles in Vision

For about 3 weeks, I have been seeing yellowish or goldish looking circle in the sides of my eyes, one of each side.  At first, they started from the top of eyes to the bottom of my eyes lasting only a couple of seconds as they traveled to the bottom of my vision on the sides my eyes.  

I though maybe it could be that once I cutt off the light in one room and walked thru a room or down a hall with no light during day or night.  But I had this happen while I was in bed at night with my eyes closed.  It also appeared to happen on one side of my vision a couple of times and sometimes the circles travel from the bottom of my vision to the top of my eyes.  

I have been to an eye doctor and had an eye exam, they took pictures of my eyes and dialated them and looked inside.  The doctor told me that my eyes were healthy.  However, I am still having this problem.  I am really concerned that it is something serious going on.  

What do you think my problem is? Are there any other eye checks that I should consider to get to the bottom of my problem?

Thanks,
JadaBoo
no.  not serious.  no problem that exists in BOTH EYES that still occurs WITH YOUR EYES CLOSED is serious.

what do i think it is?  probably ocular migraine.  could also be pressure phosphene.  both of those are totally benign and pretty mjuch untreatable.  but if you already had an eye exam and they dilated you and took photos and everything, then you do not have an eye problem.  no retinal hole or detachment, etc etc.  and your symptoms do not match any neurological disorder that i can think of.

i think you're totally fine is what i think.
1 Comment
I've had something similar too.  Eye doc told me it was a visual migraine---like having the aura without the headache.