Eye Care Archive Expert Forum
Temporary Blindness upon waking
About This Forum:

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Temporary Blindness upon waking

Early this morning, I awoke to find that I could not see out of my left eye.  My right eye was fine.  I could see a bright green circle, but the rest was black.  30 seconds later, the vision returned and I went back to sleep.  Awoke again at my normal time to find that all was well with my vision, but I still feel a slight pressure in that eye only.  I have worn contacts for years without incident.  Additinally, I developed a pain in the left side of my jaw in front of my ear last week and a pain in my throat that was evident only when yawning.  Saw my family physician for these symptoms - said that I irritated my jaw muscle somehow and that the throat pain was probably related.  Those symptoms have subsided, but are still present.  Finally, over the past few months, I have been diagnosed with Sleep Apnia (apnea), PVC's, NSVT, and SVT - had an EP study / ablation for the SVT but nothing else could be found.  I'm really tired of seeming to have everything wrong (but wanted to share all that has gone on for you to understand all of my symptoms).  I have been very healthy all of my life and suddently and feel great now except for these odd symptoms that keep arrising.  First question - any idea on the temporary blindness?  Second question - any chance that all of these things are related? Third question - should I see an optomitrist about the blindness or my family physician again?