Eye Care Archive Expert Forum
greyish pebble like bump on white of eye

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

While removing an eyelash from my 12yr old sons eye I noticed a grey pebble-like (very small) bump on the white part of his eye (it's been days and it's still there).  It is not near the color part of his eye.  It is visible when he looks up.  I'm not sure if this helps but it is at the end of a red blood vessel (I think that's what it is).  Like a balloon on a string look.  Is this something to worry about or can it wait (say a couple months-his regualr eye check up)?  He has no complaints of something being in his eye other than that eyelash.  I don't know if it's important to mention that he has a bleeding disorder (easy/prolonged bleeding/impaired clotting).
Thanks so much for the help!
hmm.  dont know.  difficult to diagnose or advise on "lumps and bumps" via a description...especially lumps and bumps that arent very common.

this could be anything.  i have no idea.  dont know if you can "wait" or not.  safest thing is not to wait and get it evaluated.