Eye Care Community
Amblyopia

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

Amblyopia

Respected Sir,

I am 35 years old man from India.   I have amblyopia in my left eye, I am unable to see objects clear, but my right eye is okay and good for me to see long and short distance.  Please help me if it is possible to rectify my amblyopia in my left eye in this age, is there is any new procedures or treatment for this now.

Thank you
Amblyopia is generally not treatable at your age and you likely should concentrate on keeping your good eye free of disease or injury. Often herediatary so if you have small children take them to the ophthalmologist by age 3 to look for the problem. Often treatment is no longer possible after age 6 or 7.

JCHMD