Eye Care Community
Blurred Vision after Eyedrops

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

Blurred Vision after Eyedrops

I had been suffering with what seemed like cold symptoms for the week, I felt no need to go see someone until I woke up one morning with my eyes shut with dried mucus. I went to an urgent care clinic and they diagnosed me with a sinus infection and hay fever. I was a given eye drops called Ciprofloxacin to help treat my very red eyes. I started treatment the night of the diagnosis and experienced no  discomfort or anything. The next day I applied the drops and next thing I know the vision in my left eye went foggy, now I already have poor vision in my right eye. Then after an hour the fogged cleared up and I was experiencing  discomfort, burning, and my right eye was constantly watery. I went back to the clinic and they suggested that I might have been allergic to the eye drops so they prescribed another one called Polymyxin B Sulfate an Trimethroprim solution. Its been 3 applications and there is no discomfort but my vision is a lot better but in my left eye I still can't see as well as I could before. I also notice a a medium sized red circle on the bottom right of my left eye.  What is that red circle? Will my vision return back to normal?
Stop going to the urgent care clinic and see an ophthalmologist. Find one near you at www.aao.org   The quality of eye care at minute clinics is marginal at best.

JCHJ MD