Eye Care Community
Chalazion for 6 months?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

Chalazion for 6 months?

Six months ago I developed a chalazion on each eye, lower lid. The bump on them is about 80% gone now. But, the 20% remaining is still there and is constantly on the verge of getting big again if I don't wash my eyes often. When I pull the lower eye lid down, I can still see the remaining redness and a white dot on the inner lid. Looks like a pimple.

Will this ever heal?
Use the search feature and archives and read the postings on "chalazion" and "chalazia" (plural) and the treatment of blepharitis. They go over what you can do to get rid of the remaining 20% and more important prevent more from developing in the future which is very common unless preventive actions taken.

JCH MD