Aa
A
A
Close
Eye disturbance
For the past year and an half I have experienced a strange disturbance in my vision, which occurs occasionally in both glaring and dim light.  

The disturbance appears in my central vision.  It looks like the grayish smudges you see on the edges of a bad xerox copy.  It is see through.  It does not move like a floater, but stays centrally located when I look around.  When I blink, the disturbance/image disappears for a second and then reappears.  It lasts no longer than 20-30 seconds.  I see it against light surfaces, but not against dark surfaces.

This happens only when using close vision.  For instance tonight I was attempting to take a picture of the cat with a cell phone.  The camera's screen was dimly lit.  When I looked up, the disturbance was present.   It also sometimes happens when a bright, glaring light reflects on a book I'm reading.

Tonight, my left eye is itchy.  I do have allergies and just had a shot yesterday to help me build up my tolerance.  

Any help I could get in discovering what the disturbance is would be greatly appreciated.  
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
233488 tn?1310696703
That is a puzzler in that it doesn't have the hallmarks of floaters, eye migraines, macular disease.

I suggest you start by getting an appointment with an Eye MD. Find one at www.aao.org.
Also use Google. search Amsler Grid. Print one out, read how to take the test and do one daily and during an "attack".

JCH MD
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Eye Care Community Resources