Eye Care Community
Eye is swollen in corner and very painful

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

Just yesterday I noticed that the inside corner of my eye (by my nose) was very painful.  I checked it in the mirror and the inside corner of my right eye is very swollen. Its like the little pouch (that I think might be the tear duct?) right inside the corner.  I have had a headache for a few days but no pain in my eye until yesterday.  I stil have a headache, the swelling in the eye has gone down slightly but I am still in pain. When I touch the swollen thing in the corner my eye hurts and I can feel pain inside my head almost by where my sinuses are between my eyebrows.
This could be due to a sinus infection.  Please see an EyeMD.

Dr. O.