Eye Care Community
High eye pressure and dry eyes?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

High eye pressure and dry eyes?

Dear Doctor

I have severe dry eyes, was prescribed Restasis but I feel that artificial tears could help me if I use it 4-5 times a whole day.  I use Genteal Moderate, so I stopped Restasis.

My question is, My eye pressure is on the normal high, it was 20 the first visit, measuring by the puff(buff?), the second time visit it was 19, measuring by the machine that touches your cornea (they numb the cornea first).

My question is can dry eye cause this high eye pressure?
and with this high pressure, do I need to come back every few months to check for Glaucoma? what is the suggested followup time for pressure this high?

NO.
20 and 19 are not abnormally high.
Be sure you see an Eye MD opht;halmologist
JCH MD