Eye Care Community
RD gas bubble and Laser procedure

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

RD gas bubble and Laser procedure

About 2 weeks ago I had the bubble procedure done and 3 days later a Laser procedure on my left eye.  Was advised to lay on my right side for 7 days only getting up 4 times a day for 5 minutes.  I followed this to the letter, and was told on my re-exam that the Retina had reattached and the Specailist was please with the results.  I still have the bubble and I know it takes awhile to be absorbed.  Is it normal to have floaters, and dots?  Also, my eye is dialated alot and my vision, althought not terrible is much different in the left eye. Is this simpy due to the dilation?  Has anyone had this procedure with any success?
Use the search feature and archives and read the many extended and informative conversations about retinal detachment surgery, intraocular gases, healing, etc.

There is no way to tell now how much vision you will recover.

JCH MD