Recurrent Pink Eye
I have a 3 year old son who has had pink eye at least 10 times since September (diagnosed 3 times by our pediatrician - the other times we treated it with the drops knowing it recurs often).  My younger son, who is 1, has had it about 4 times.  The last time the three year old had it was when he was hospitalized for complications associated with asthma, influenza, and pneumonia, and the nurses seemed to disagree as to whether or not it was pink eye.  Our pediatrician said with that many recurrences, it might be allergies rather than pink eye.  He has many allergies, eczema, and asthma.  He woke up with crusted, matted eyes 2 days ago, so I didn't treat it with the antibiotic drops that we have.  It has continued - his eyes aren't red, but they have white, to light yellowish discharge in the corners and along the bottom lid all the time.  The one year old woke up with crusted eyes this morning, so it seems to me that this is pink eye since the 1 year old, who doesn't have allergies "caught" it.  I'd love a professional opinion.  Also, how can I prevent recurrences?  I've washed all sheets, and wipe down the walls, door knobs, crib, changing table, etc. with antibacterial wipes.
See a pediatric ophthalmologist. Find one at www.aao.org the cause of this is almost always a blocked or partially blocked tear duct and usually requires probing and irrigation.

JCH MD