Eye Care Community
Small Piece of Contact Stuck in Eye?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

Small Piece of Contact Stuck in Eye?

I was removing my contact and it ripped in half. At least I think it was half as I tried to carefully piece it together and make sure a small piece wasn't missing. It was hard to tell, so there is a chance a very very small piece is left in my eye. It doesn't hurt like an eyelash or piece or dirt would, it feels more sore, like a very very dull pain in my eye socket, like in the back of my eye. IF I did leave a small piece of it in there, 1) would it feel like that or would there be other symptoms (more pain, redness, fluid), and 2) what will happen? Will it disintegrate or do I need to see an eye Dr?
Please see one of the earlier posts by Contact.

Dr. O.