Eye Care Community
Swollen Eye Lid (Just the lid)

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

Swollen Eye Lid (Just the lid)

I am 39 and woke up this morning with my right eye lid swollen. The upper part is really puffy and has a red spot that looks like it could be a bite. I has a red vain at the top of the skin and looks almost as if the very small vessel is swollen. I dont believe it is a bite or an reaction to an allirgy. (If it was wouldnt both eyes be swollen?)

I did however do a lot of cleaning in a dusty enviroment and got a bit of the cleaner on my forhead ( it didnt get in my eye). Im a bit confused because it seems to have just appeared out of the blue. I havent had anything get in the eye and the eye is clear and not red.

The eye lid hurts, ichies, and when i blink my vision goes blury.

Do you have any idea as to what this could be and how i should treat it.

BloodLustBaby
With pain its best to see an ophthalmolgoist. Find one near you at www.aao.org  If that can't be done warm compresses to the lid and atrifical tears.

If gets worse MUST see Eye MD

JCHMD