Eye Care Community
aniridia
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

aniridia

HI Doctor
My baby is 4 months old an looks like he has aniridia.I cant see his iris and his pupil look fixed and dilated.I can also see some part of his eye like a scratchy or I dont know floater kind of a thing? His eyes were wandering a lot before and nw have settled down . Well he has difficulty focuusing in carseat and swing but he tracks objects looks at fan in all my room smmiles back etc very active and almost reaching all his mlestones like cooing, laughing , head control, heading up in tummy time etc. My ped told me to have EEg coz when I described her on the phone she thinks may be he gets seizure and then will reffer to OP.I know its not seizure after researching about his condition I think its aniridia?? What do you think about it?? My F-n-laws 2 bro and 1 sis had vision pblm and lost eyesight in young age. we have ni idea wat had happened to them, but I think It was aniridia.I have 7 yr old son too and he is absolutely healthy but my husband is diabetic.
Also if it is aniridia can I go for an artficial iris implantation? Is it going to help him his whole life?Can he attend school with prescription glasses??Can he play sports?? I am too worried about my sons health pls help.
Thx Suchita