Eye Care Community
brown spot in eye

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

brown spot in eye

hi i was wondering if there was any surgeries available to have a brown spot removed from the white part of my left eye...i have had it for years since about 8 years old and now i am 23. I have been to an eye specialist when i was about 11 years old and he said it is nothing to be afraid of. It has not changed through out the years at least not to the point where i can say its significant enough to notice. I remember the eye specialist telling me it can be removed that it would be like peeling off the layer of the eye, almost like a contact. i dont have any eye problems or wear glasses or contacts, but i was just wondering if the surgery can be done, and if there is a greater threat of going into surgery. I understand it will be cosmetic but i am willing to pay for the procedure. If anybody can give me some help with this i would very much appreciate it.

Thanks for your time,

Tony95307
I do not know anyone who has done it.  Consult a general ophthalmologist for a corneal specialist.

Dr. O.