cross eyes
My 6 and half month old son has cross eyes. He just went to the opthalmologist who wants him back in another 6 weeks to monitor the condition. He says it's correctable, with surgery, or glasses depending on the severity. At what point does it require either/or method. My wife thinks he'll grow out of it. It doesn't seem that bad to me, I only notice it usually when I'm giving him a bottle and he focuses in on the bottle. One eye seems to point inward more than should be normal.
You son needs to be closely watched by an ophthalmologist. Crossing even a little can cause one eye not to develop properly with resultant poor vision (amblyopia). Waiting to outgrow it is a recipe for grief.   Whay you have been told is the case. Some time glasses, surgery, patching or observation are indicated. They are not all equivalent therapy.

JCH MD