Eye Care Community
flickering light on the side of one eye

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

flickering light on the side of one eye

I found your question forum and I want to ask, what would cause light to be flickering on one side of one eye. I had been searching on the computer for something and going from letter to letter and then I noticed that this light flickering started and the computer screen seemed to be more blurry or too bright. What would cause the change.
Up to that point my eyes were fine, except for the allergy symtoms (symptoms) I have had lately, which can make my eyes bother somewhat.
Thank you.
Light flickering could be retina traction due to posterior vitreous detachment, retinal tear, retinal detachment, or there could be inflammation of the retina. See an eye MD for an evaluation find one at www.aao.org

JCH III MD