Eye Care Community
hair growing in my eye

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

hair growing in my eye

i have a hair growing inside my eye near my eyeball. it irritates a little now and then but i am worried about infection. i tried pulling it out and after 2 weeks i managed to get hold of it i pulled a little and it was so painfull i had to leave it...will it be ok to leave it or will it cause problems if i dont get it out soon.
Unfortunately, you need to see an ophthalmologist to examine the offending lash and remove it if needed.  It can definitely cause a corneal erosion or abrasion which can lead to a serious corneal ulcer.  If you can feel the lash rubbing against the eye - it needs to be removed by an ophthalmologist in your area.  Go ahead and make an appointment today.
MJK MD