Eye Care Community
small lump under lower right eyelid

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

small lump under lower right eyelid

Hi there,

I noticed about 2 weeks ago that I had a small swollen lump inside my lower eyelid.  You can feel it from the outside and it feels quite hard.  If you turn the eyelid over, the lump is small and round and lighter in colour- kind of patches of white which looks like it may be containing some kind of liquid.  It's not a stye because it's not near the eyelashes- it's a bit further down.  It's got a bit smaller since it first appeared but still won't go away.

I'm going to try to make a doctors appt for monday but for now, could you tell me what this might be?  Should I do warm compresses/ go to the chemist and ask for some drops?  I wear contact lenses too which may possibly be irritating it more.
Most common cause "Chalazion". Use the search feature and read about. Go to Google Images and type it in to see what they look like. Use warm comrpresses.

JCH MD