Eye Care Community
spots noted on Optomap
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

spots noted on Optomap

I recently had an optomap done and the doctor noticed two tiny dots (he said they were something blood clots, or vessels or something) and recommended that I get a blood glucose test to rule out diabetes. I am 27 and have no symptoms of diabetes. However I later remember that I had a slight injury to that same eye (I got elbowed and my glasses got pushed into eye resulting in a black eye). My eyes have also been itchy lately, and even thought I know I shouldn't, I have been rubbing them.  Could the injury and/or the rubbing have caused these spots. I bruise very easily.
Tags: Diabetes, eyes, injury, optomap
233488_tn?1310696703
Sometimes these optomaps are overused by commercial opticians and non-MD optometrists. If you saw a non-MD, non-physician optometrist I suggest you get in to see a MD ophthalmologist before spending a fortune on tests.

If you did see an Eye MD call and ask him/her that question.

JCH MD
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Eye Care Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank