Eye Care Community
thickening on white (scelra) of eye

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

thickening on white (scelra) of eye

I am concerned about the white part of my right eye on the corner side of that eye. For a while now it appears that the area from the corner up to about a third of the way across to the pupil is thickened and a slightly different colour to the white of the eye. When I look away from the corner and pull my lower eyelid down it looks slightly raised/ thickened the whole way around the eye in this corner area. Also the last two days I have experienced sharp jabs in this eye in this area. Should I be concerned?
Tags: scelra, growth
The most common cause "pinguecula" goe to Google Images to see what these look like. If its painful then see an eye MD ophthalmologist find one at www.aao.org

JCH MD