when will my up close vision get better after cataract surgery
Similar to a May 16 post...I just had cataract surgery on June 8 and 10.  My far vision is 20/20, my near vision I cannot see well at all, even with reader glasses.  I know it has only been a week but I anticipated better than this.
I am only 45 years old and can't even see well enough with the readers to do my online course work for college.

Traditional lens - I had to choose distance or near, so I choose distance and to wear glasses for near but this is not working out too well - at least not what I expected.

I did my research went to the #1 place in the state?????????????????
If your distance vision is 20/20 then you should be able to read with appropriate reading glasses. If you pupil is still dilated that will also cause reading problems.  If you had injection anesthesia you may have some residual eye muscle relaxation/contraction

Since you have a monofocal IOL and you chose distance you will need progressive bifocals for reading and intermediate distances (shop, computer, etc).

Discuss with your surgeon.

JCH MD