Eye Care Community
white light after blinking
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

white light after blinking

Over the past several months I have experienced on occasion bright white light for an instant after blinking.  It immediately follows the blink and last for a fraction of a second (both eyes).  It is similar to lightening when a flash lights up the entire sky.  When it happens, I catch myself sometimes checking the overhead light to see if it flickered (which of course it did not) because that what it seems like.  I experience this maybe 4-5 times a week for a few blinks (usually about 5-6 blinks in a row), but it seems to be occuring more frequently lately.  Is this something to worry about, or the beginning of some condition that can be corrected?