Fibromyalgia Community
Can't handle Cymbalta after 2 weeks, will there be withdrawal?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fibromyalgia and related pain management.

I have read a lot about Cymbalta Withdrawal Syndrome, and am concerned.  I have made an appt with my doctor to get off the stuff.  I can't handle the insomnia since I've been on it, and the lack of sleep is messing me up big time.  I normally get 7 hours of good sleep per night, now I'm awake every night at 2am and get very little sleep after that.

I've only been on it for 16 days, and the dose is 30mg once per day.  Given that I've been on it that short of a time period, do you think it still needs to be tapered off or can I go cold turkey?  I won't do anything until I see my doctor, but I'm curious about other peoples' experiences.

I'm also concerned that the lowest dose is 20mg and you can't break the capsules.  Not sure how you are supposed to taper off the stuff when that is the lowest dose.