Contrast vs non-contrast MRI...
My neuro ordered a non-contrast MRI on me a few years ago, and the results all came back negative. My question is: Could there be something that the MRI missed? Should I ask that a contrast MRI be done?
I guess I should give a little history - I was dx with fibro about 4 years ago, but have had symptoms for about nine years. My rheumo is the only one in our county, so he handed me off to my PCP after tha positive fibro dx. My PCP is OK, I guess, when she's dealing with something within her scope of knowledge, but the fibro baffles her. I won't go back to the neuro who ordered the initial MRI because he's a semi-retired fee collector and I have no respect for him. I was told by several doctors that fibro is NOT progressive, but my symptoms are. My first symptoms started out mild and have progressed to the point where they are almost unbearable. I have joint and muscle pain, digestive problems, cognitive problems, and sensory overload. My sleep is so disturbed that I haven't slept the night through in weeks, and when I get up in the mornings I feel as thought I hadn't slept at all. Should I ask for a new MRI, or will I just be wasting my time? I'm fortunate in that I'm still working (people are amazed at this revelation, but my job isn't too physically demanding. Besides, I'm too stubborn to quit) and have decent ins, so one more test won't be all that hard on me financially. Any advice???
For your peace of mind, I would ask.  There are somethings that contrast will pick up on.  The other important thing is the strength of the MRI.  

You aren't too far from Columbus.  Can you find other neuro's/rheumy's there that are on you insurance.  I know it would be a little drive, but you may be able to find more quality there.  

Just a few thoughts, My best,
Karen