Fibro and antidepressant w/drawal problems.
Wondering if anyone who suffers from Fibro and detoxed off of AD meds, specifically Celexa, suffered from more extreme pain, mostly in the lower back, than usual once stopping the meds. It's been almost a month since stopping Celexa, and for the last couple weeks my back has been in so much pain I cannot sleep at all. Just the smallest movement causes me to tense up. I can't even roll over without sitting up in bed and doing it slowly.
I have Googled this question and found just one other person who complained about getting massive muscle pain, even after they were off Celexa for over 3 weeks. Reading this makes me question if the Fibro and AD detox is causing this because I feel as if I'm going through the same thing. Even if someone has just heard of this happening, I would like to hear from you.
I've gone through the usual w/drawal symptoms that AD meds cause. I still have insomnia which makes this problem worse. Even if I could sleep, my back pain keeps me up to enjoy every second of it. It's so much worse that a flare up or even the car accident that caused my FM in the first place. I'm hoping that this is just a side-effect of the AD detox.
I have experienced muscle ache after withdrawing from Effexor (SNRI) it was horrible. I felt like someone kicked the crap out of me while I was sleeping. It lasted about 2-3 weeks and then got better.