Fibro pain post op?
Hey all!
Has anyone had any problems with fibro flare ups on a muscle that's been involved in surgery?

Since a surgery in June of 2010, I have had consistent, but not completely constant pains and aches in an involved muscle and have had nerve burning and pain near my incision site. The pains are occasionally sharp and sudden, almost like brain freeze feeling or charlie horse, and other times the pain and discomfort lasts for hours and is a constant, incessant burning ache in the entire area of my temporal muscle but centralized in a spot right on my incision.
My surgeon just last week removed one of my titanium pins to try and help alleviate the pains, but I sadly have been experiencing familiar pains in the same areas as before. My hope is that I'm having these pains currently because of the healing incision of the removal of the pin, but I just don't know anymore.

Did anyone else have long term constant fibro flare ups after surgery?
Hello there!
Any surgery is traumatic no matter what kind it is. Surgery can lead to flare ups of fibromyalgia since it causes a major stress on your body. The surgeon needs to be prepared for such flare ups.The usual fibromyalgia drugs may be continued or increased.Lyrica may be helpful. It is best to consult a local health care provider before taking any medication. Hope you find this information useful. Do write to us again with more queries.
Take care and good luck!