Fibromyalgia Community
Finger spasms

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fibromyalgia and related pain management.

Finger spasms

4847046?1252350016
I have been diagnosed w/ fibromyalgia for over 10 yrs but I can't get a straight answer about this problem. Have any of you experienced severe spasms and pain in fingers, they draw together and I can't move them. I usually have to get someone to massage the fingers or hand until I can move them again.
Hi Dawn,
Welcome to medHelp fibro/CFID forum

Sometimes a vit D deficinecy or magnesium deficiency can cause muscle spasms.  Do you also have eye twitches.  If so I would definitely add calcium to the magnesium.  And lay off the softdrinks.  

You dr. could check you vit D level if they already haven't done that.
Hi I'm new to this site and I've had FM for most of my life (over 40 yrs) and I don't get the severe spasms in my fingers but I have lots of pain, and I've gone through 2 surgeries (both thumbs) due to tenosynovitis where the tendon gets so inflamed it gets stuck and has to be surgically cut.  Very painful. It can happen to any finger and once it begins it is very difficult to reverse.  I nursed my 2nd thumb and tried warm wax therapy, splints, massage, everything, but to no avail.  My ring finger is now getting worse, especially when the weather is nasty, and all i can do is not overwork my hand and aggravate it further.  I agree with karajo on the calcium and magnesium. Stay away from all chemicals, preservatives and otherwise non-foods as they make things worse. Two biggies are sugar and artificial sweeteners.  Keep your hands warm and add gentle anti inflammatory foods like omega3's, pineapple, cinnamon, etc.
Hi, I too have spasms, but they are all over my body. My toes, fingers, and calfs cramp up like you were describing. They think it may be caused by something else, because I have spasticity in my legs and arms along with muscle fasciltations. I am on several vitamins and it has not helped this problem.