Information about Neurontin
My pharmacist just told me something important about Neurontin that I thought I should share with everyone, since so many people here are also taking Neurontin.  He said that I should take the Neurontin either two hours BEFORE I take my nutritional supplements or two hours AFTER I take my nutritional supplements.  He said that this is because nutritional supplements can make the Neurontin less effective.  Since so many of us are also taking nutritional supplements, I thought this information should be shared with everyone.
Thank you for sharing this info.  I read your response on the other post as well.  I hope that you do ok with the Neurontin.  At least, with this dosage, you can build it up if necessary. I'm glad to hear that taking the pain meds. earlier helped out.  

Take care and feel better soon.
..... in addition to that if neone on Neurontin or the generic Gabapentin be advised if u have IBS issues it can be affected by this med.

I was not aware of this and have been having issues for over 2 months since taking the meds.

"selma"
I was taking the Gabapentin with Soma earlier in the year of 2008 since the gabapentin didn't work I stopped taking it.  Thanks for the info though and hopefully you will get some relief with that bit of advice.
Thanks for the infor about the IBS.  I will keep an eye out for worsening symptoms, since I am still having big issues with my IBS.  I appreciate your telling me this important information.
U r welcome, only wish I had known it too b4 I started...I had just gotten the IBS regulated with Miralax and the dr that RX'd the gabapentin said I would be fine......and today I took magnessium citrate to try and get cleaned out so the miralax can work.It does not help like it had b4 and I am miserable.
Talk with ur gastro dr about this.

Good luck
"selma"