Fibromyalgia Community
Itchy hands and swelling of hands
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fibromyalgia and related pain management.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Itchy hands and swelling of hands

Has anyone experienced itchy hands and swelling. I have experienced it 3 times, cannot find anything i am allergic to so thought maybe it is fibro
Hello and hope you are doing well.
The commonest cause of itching and swelling of hands is any allergy. On   exposure to allergens our immune system responds by secreting histamines in larger amounts. This can lead to swelling. Contact dermatitis is a possibility. The allergen can be anything from bed linen,mattress,dust etc.In few cases it may be difficult to detect the allergen  .Besides inflammation of the joints, hand swelling and pain can be seen in  most arthritis types like polycythemia Vera, systemic lupus erythematosus and fibromyalgia. Swollen hands can be due to carpal tunnel syndrome or Buerger’s disease. Hand injuries, fractures, insect bite, kidney or liver diseases, blood disorders are other few possibilities. These possibilities are based on the information provided by you. For accurate diagnosis a complete clinical evaluation and work up is important. Tests like complete blood counts, RA factor, ESR, Xray hands and other tests depending on the suspected cause may be needed. I sincerely hope it helps.
Take care and good luck!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Fibromyalgia Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank