Fibromyalgia Community
Not sure what I have...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fibromyalgia and related pain management.

Not sure what I have...

I'll start by saying I'm 21 years old and not that active (walking my dogs and walking round after class is mostly it, occasional jogger).  For about 5 years, I have been dealing with chronic pain, it began very very small and gradually got worse.
I First noticed in high school that I couldn't do repeated kicks in karate class without feeling as if there was a 20lb weight on my leg, very fatigued for no real reason. Spread gradually to other leg, then ankles, shoulders, elbows, wrists, finally even my hips and finger joints are painful.  They feel fatigued and sore every day, from the time I get up-- it gets slightly better when I first awaken and move around for a minute, then it's downhill until bedtime. Sitting at this computer and typing this is actually painful after a time. My wrists feel like an arthritic old person's -- however my blood test for RA was negative.  Five minutes of activity makes my body feel as if it has run a marathon.  Stairs make me cringe inwardly.  Going to the movies ***** because I begin to feel very uncomfortable in the theater chair, finally feeling stiff and sore and constantly rearranging myself in the seat.  Forget road trips, after about an hour, gripping the steering wheel is painful and i need to sort of drive limp-wristed (dangerous!).  Even just combing my hair hurts my arm, wrist and fingers.

More recently I've been getting tingling and sharp jabbing pain in my hands, arms and sometimes neck.  I occasionally have one-sided headaches but this could be unrelated, I do watch a lot of television when I'm feeling particularly sore and sorry for myself so I sit there like a lump on a log.

I don't know whether it's fibro, CFS, maybe the arthritis test was faulty, maybe it's something else altogether-- but I need to figure out what is going on! I am too young for this crap.  Help!

-lena
sorry, I guess using expletives is out. Well what I meant was going to the movies "is not fun".
You live in the prime part of the country for Lyme disease, Babesia and Mycoplasma. I believe you have a tick Bourne disease.
Go on the ILADS site and find a doctor in your area that can test and assess you properly.
You have ALL the same EXACT symptoms I lived with for years until I got diagnosed.
I went to an RA doc, every kind of doc you could think of and have had every test, all negative. I then lived with the diagnosis of Fibromyalgia for over 12  years.
Get tested for Lymes by a Lymes dr.