relapse of chikungunya
I had chikungunya three years ago and recovered almost fully. Recently ihave developed some sort of plantar fascitis with pain and numbness over the feet bilaterally more on the left side.I dont have fever. Is it a relapse?
As you said your chikungunya was recovered and there was no residual joint pain it is unlikely that your symptoms can be related to chikungunya or a relpase.Ankle joint and small joint of feet and hand are involved commonly in chikungunya.Obesity, flat feet, high arch, rheumatoid arthritis, spondyloarthropathies, Reiter’s syndrome etc can all lead to plantar fasciitis. Numbness in the feet can indicate some serious underlying problem either due to lack of blood supply to that area or nerve compression.Arteriovenous malformations, deep vein thrombosis, peripheral artery disease, nerve entrapment, degenerative disc disease, diabetic neuropathy, peripheral neuropathy; hypothyroidism etc.It is an exhaustive list. A complete history and examination may be helpful. I hope it helps.
Take care and good luck!