Fibromyalgia Community
uterine fibroids

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fibromyalgia and related pain management.

uterine fibroids

Has anyone every had a uterine fibroid removal? Did it return? How soon were you back to normal? Did do you have any complications? If so, what were they?

I have a fibroid the size of a cantaloupe. I'm debating should I take medication to shrink it or have the surgery done. Any feedback is greatly appreciate it.

The first line of treatment of fibroids is medical treatment. Medications called gonadotropin-releasing hormone (GnRH) analogs (Lupron) are commonly used in the medical treatment of fibroids. Other than that surgical treatment myomectomy which is removal of the fibroid (by surgery, laparoscopic or hysteroscopic methods) may also be entertained.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.