why is fibromyalgia and hip bursitis so related
I have had fibromyalgia for 15 years and hip bursitis for 5 years. the more research I do the more I see how related they are. I am to the point after various therapies to consider using a walker at 55 years old. It is difficult for me to walk and to climb stairs. I use to be very active. Is there any research indicating why these two are so synonymous?
I don't know, but I definitely have both problems.  I understand the difficulty.  Thankfully, my apartment building is required to have elevators.
I have both as well...bursitis came first. I walk well on a treadmill but not unsupported.  For a general walk I use a cane??? I haven't done any research connecting the two, but now that you mention it  I'mall over it. Thanks!!!
Btw started when I was 49 I am now 52
Used to play volleyball until this happened.  :-(
But still hit the treadmill :-)
I suffered from really bad bursitis about eight years ago, my consultant found it difficult to find a diagnosis due to how young I was. I underwent surgery on my right hip, he fitted me with a z plasty to help with the bursitis. It seemed to help for a while but then the pain seemed to over take my whole body. In 2013 I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia.
Since then I have been told that the bursitis has returned into both hips!!! My new consultant has given me in steps to help lift my collapsed arches. I have applied ice as suggested but nothing seems to help.
Have other people suffered this?
Does anyone know if fibromyalgia cause bursitis?
Thanks for listening.