First time pregnancy for women 40+ User Group
just saying hi
About This Group:

This group is for women that are 40+ and that are NATURALLY pregnant (without IVF or other treatments) for the FIRST time (excluding tubal pregnancies, DNC, etc...) Other members are welcome to give feedback about their first natural pregnancies. :) *NOTE* Please keep in mind that the FOCUS in this group is: women over 40 that are pregnant for the first time and without fertility treatment. I am bringing attention to this because we all know that pregnancy threads can easily get off subject and mostly turn into conversations about infertility and treatments when women over 40 are involved. :)

Founded by Miss_Amy_2009 on November 27, 2012
7 members

just saying hi

I'm 45 and almost 12 weeks pregnant.  It was a total shock since I thought i was going thru premenapause.  So far all is well and baby is doing good.  I've had 3 previous m/c's, so this is my first to make it this far.  I pray it continues.  My next hurdle will be genetic testing.  I think I'll be doing the MateriT21 test since it's not invasive.  I also have the hurdle of telling the father.(another post for another day)  I was waiting til I got into second trimester bc the mc rate is so high for my age.  I honestly never thought I'd make it this far.  Hi to everyone.
Congrates! I am almost five weeks and after trying for 5 yrs, this is so exciting! I have been though many failed iui's and one failed IVF.  This is natural with a blood thinner to help immune system.  I have thyroid issues and started a new med that helped me conceive this cycle.  Keep me posted on your journey!
Risa
Oh my goodness, I forgot I posted this.  Thanks so much for your reply and congrats to you as well.  I don't know if you check this section or not, but sorry i didn't respond earlier.  I had a beautiful baby girl May 17, 2013.  She was 5 weeks early, but healthy enough to go right to the room with me and then home.  Weird being a FTM at 46 (now 47) but the best and most amazing thing that's ever happened in my life.  I'm only sad I can't have another.  I just know if I had been able to get pregnant in my late 20's or early 30's, I would have had a house full!!  

Checked around and found your profile and saw your amazing little man.  He is so cute you must be one proud momma!!
Risa615 commented on renae176's status
Sep 19
Risa615 commented on Shannon79's status
Sep 19
Risa615 commented on Moma_Cher's status
Sep 19