palpitations, weakness after eating
I have read many posts on this site, and have identical problems, racing heart, indigestion, weakness after eating. Had tons of tests  etc.etc. All they come up with is a small hiatus hernia, my doctor did not even bother to take this up. Said I had spasmonic tachycardia.  (racing heart)  THIS IS ALREADY KNOW!!!   Whenever I suggest it has something to do with eating, they just stare at me, then give me an antacid drug.  PLEASE NO MORE DRUGS, THEY DON'T cure the problem.  I am sue it's the vagus nerve. A long while ago, an old school doctor told me there was a nerve near the heart that also travels down left arm and that a lot of doctors didn't know that!! (I get pain there), but did't go further, and I didn't have such bad symptoms then.  But I remember his words now.  BUT SURELY THERE MUST BE A WAY OF TACKLING THIS PROBLEM RE; THE VAGUS NERVE.   If you give someone drugs, it dosn't move the nerve away from the heart or stop it re-acting in the way it does, that is just a plaster over the problem, and a way of getting you out of their surgery.  Has anyone had anyway of geting help re; this nerve, with from their doctor or via alternative medicine.   Also perfhaps these "small hernia" problems should be investigated more, as if they are causing this dreadful reaction, then it is not "small".
vERY HAPPY TO HEAR EVERYONES  COMMENTS INDEED.   VERY GOOD SITE.
May I ask, have u ever been seen by a neurologist?

They will look at the nerve via a MRI....a GI dr may not recognize the involvement as it is not part of their area of study or practice....not all drs r willing to accept that something is over them or that it may not be the way they first thought.....

Do try a NL and see if a MRI shows this nerve involvement.

"selma"
No I hav'nt seen a  neurologist, I will look into that.  Many thanks.  Have you had some involvement in that, and did it show vagus pro blems?   Or has anyone else.   Keep well. Sheila 41
I have not had to have my vagus nerve looked at, but I do have a condition in which is a neuro problem ...and I know from that experience they can look at the nerves with a MRI w/wo contrast to see what is going on.

Please let me know what u find out

"selma"
I would see a chiropractor, I have a hiatal hernia and when it is pushed up, I feel horrible, get PAC's, acid reflux, indigestion, feel just lousy, no meds or vitamins help, but, when he pulls it down and works on my back, I am fine. When a vertebrae is out and touches a nerve, be it vagus or any other nerve, problems like this can arise. The same with the hiatal hernia, if it is touching the vagus nerve, you can have all kinds of discomfort, when it is relieved, however, the pain and symptoms go away.

Just a thought I wanted to share.
That is very interesting and worth looking into.  Did you have any trouble with palpitations at all? Thank you  for responding,  everything helps on this wonderful site.
I am happy to know this..I am suffering with this problems I have a small hernia. .acid reflux.palpatations jus had a Catherine ti on done no blockage I am convinced this is the vagus nerve n I am going to see my pop not have her order a gastric emptying study..I was recommended in 2008 to have it done by the Dr who performed my endoscopy in the er..When I followed up with the GI Dr he told me I didn't need 1 the only  reason he said that but he was not going to profit from that n wanted me to do a endosocopy so I am asking my Dr to order the test I have been suffering too long with poor digestion I only hope to end this nightmare asap