Gallbladder Community
vomiting bile

The gallbladder is a pear-shaped organ underneath your liver that stores bile and most often gives you trouble when something, like a gallstone, blocks the flow of this bile. Discuss topics including gallbladder attacks, gallbladder removal, gallstones, and inflammation.

vomiting bile

I have been vomiting this yellow, orange, white foamy mucusy texture type stuff about 5 days a wk for over 5 yrs.I have been to dr's and they have done ultra sounds on my gallbladder and say that it looks perfect. I have no insurance right now but I guess my question is "what other tests can I ask them to do or can this be from something else"?
Hi there,

What you are describing - yellow/orange vomit - really sounds like bile to me!

I would suggest that you find out if there is a Teaching Hospital close to you with a Gastro Enterologist on board and you might have to go for an Endoscopy (swallowing a camera that can see from your throat to your Deodenum) and some bloodtests to check your Liver function.
It does sound like bile......maybe you have bile reflux!?!?

An endoscopy should be considered to have a look I think.....I hope you can get some relief soon
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Your persisting symptom of vomiting could be due to bowel obstruction. This could be a partial obstruction The other causes could be GERD (Gastro Esophageal Reflux Disease), where the acid contents of the stomach came up into the esophagus and peptic ulcer disease. Please consult your primary care physician for further evaluation. In the meantime take oral fluids.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.