Abdomin pain comes and goes
I will get a dull ache/pain on my left side that seems to be centerd around my abdomon and around my side to my lower back.  If I am laying down or reclining in my lazy boy or sitting in a chair, I have zero to very little ache.  However if I push a shopping cart, go for a walk or such it acts up.  I have no problems going to the bathroom and feel no ache when I go.  If the ache starts and I lay down or sit down it will go away after a little while.  The ache is not effect by eating or such.  What might I be dealing with here?
I had something very similar in 2001. I seemed to be fine most of the time but I would use my abs in any way and get pain.  Two years later and 7 doctors later they decided to take out my appendix. When they did they saw that it was slowly wrapping itself in my intestines and that it needed go. I don't know if this will help you but I hope you figure it out.

Kris
But isn't the appendix on the right side of your body?  My pain is lower left and around to the lower left of my back.  I thought about appendix, but from what I have read it's located on the right side of the body.
Yea, appendix is on the right side.

Your issue could be muscle related, also this pain you describe on the left side is also common with IBS sufferers. This is an area where gas gets trapped easily and can cause dull pains(And sharp pains as well) Have you experienced anything different as far as bowel movements go? Anything that led up to this?
no bowel issues at all, a random case of the runs, but that has happened maybe 2-3 times total over the 3+ months this problem has occured.  I started noticing this ache after I used 'back magic" which is a arch shaped devise for which you lay down on and helps stretch out your spine and back.  i am wondering if that maybe caused a strain or maybe a tear in a muscle.  But, I can swing a golf club with no issue, I can mow my yard with basically no issues, but when I push a shopping cart it woops my butt so to speak.
Update, this past weekend the ache was acting up.  However when I had to try and help my buddy push start his car the ache went away while i was really straining to try and push the car and the ache while it came back a bit after we stopped, it was no where near as bad and slowly went away.  WHat is causing this?