Gastroenterology Community
Child intermittently throwing up - only at night
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Child intermittently throwing up - only at night

We have been having trouble with our 7 year old daughter throwing up only at night at around 3 am once a week for 6 weeks. Doing testing and getting ready to do GI imaging. But would like to know the outcome if others had similar symptoms presented and what the resultion was. There are similar facts in other questions posted on the site but I rarely see the follow-up reporting on the resolution/outcomes.
Thanks.
Related Discussions
I actually just recently saw a program about this type of thing on tv - obviously not sure if the situation is the same as with your daughter, but thought I would pass along the information.

On the program I saw (I believe it was the program Mystery Diagnosis), the child was having nighttime vomiting.  She actually would vomit at least a couple times a night and afterward would immediately fall back to sleep and wouldn't remember the occurrence.  As it turned out, she was having seizures in the part of her brain that triggers vomiting.

Again, I don't want to alarm you and I don't know if any of this is like what your daughter is experiencing, but thought I'd pass the info along.

Best of luck and I hope you get some results soon.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Gastroenterology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eating Control: How to St...