Gastroenterology Community
Gallbladder Polyps

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Gallbladder Polyps

I'm a 25 year old female and have been recently diagnosed with a gallbladder polyp, around 56mm.

The doctor wants to wait until it reaches 1cm before removing the gallbladder so he suggested just monitoring the situation every 3 months to check for growth. They found the polyp in my gallbladder after an ultrasound was done to check for kidney stones because I had been suffering from abdominal and backpains, nausea, dizziness and shortness of breath.

the first time I had these symptoms were in January this year (2008) and came back again, except more suddenly this time, around July this year.

The pain has lessened considerably, but I still do get occasional back and abdominal pain on my right side from time to time. I also tire very easily now and feel like sleeping for most of the day. I've also just suddenly started having tremors in my hand and don't know if it's somehow related.

Could someone tell me if these symptoms are related to having the polyp?

and should I wait as the doctor suggested, or get a second opinion, considering the size of the polyp?

Any help would be appreciated. I'm a little worried about this and can't seem to get much information.

sorry,  typing error in the previous post. it should be 5-6mm, not 56.
i have multiple tiny gall bladder polyps, for last 10 months they less than 5mm in size,
the last ultrasound revealed few polyps less than 4mm size. my doctor advised me to remove gall bladdr.    from what i hear if the polyps are 1 cm it is likely to get malignant and turn into cancer,  i was asked to take udiliv tablets 150mg three times a day for 3 mths.  it took about for one month and stopped. udiliv is for dissolving the gall bladder stones.
i am not having any problem or pain.
Is there anyone in your family - however far removed - who has celiac disease? A number of the symptoms that you're describing - including the feeling of wanting to sleep - could be attributed to gluten intolerance. So I wonder if that's been considered.

Also, have you had your thyroid checked in case the fatique could be related to that.

I've never considered Gluten intolerance or Thyroid problems. My mum has had hyperthyroidism for a number of years now as well as type 2 diabetes, but I'm not aware of any gluten intolerance on either sides of my family.

I will have to bring this up with the doctor here to see if it's a possibility.

Thanks for your input.
I went to get my thyroid checked at the hospital ( I believe it's supposed to be some kind of blood test?) but all the doctor did was feel around my neck and gland area and tell me I have no thyroid problem. I was kind of astounded that that's all he did to check. How accurate can that be?

What should I do?
You're going to have to find another doc. The one you dealt with is brushing you off so you're going to have to be a bit pushy and ask for the blood test.
Could any body tell me that from past 5 to 6 month i have observed that there is 5mm Thick of stone in my gall bladder at present i am using UDILIV- 150 mg tablets twice a day please tell can gallstone dissolve by using UDILIV tablets There is only one stone in my gall bladder i.e.5MM thick
Udiliv is a med that's used to try to dissolve cholesterol-based gallstones. No one can guarantee any of these meds will work, but it's worth a try.