Gastroenterology Community
Gastric Issues / Umbilical Discharge

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Gastric Issues / Umbilical Discharge

I am a 42 year old male.. I was experiencing IBS and excessive gaseous problems past 7-8 years. I visited many doctors / clinics, did various tests, but there were no solution.. doctors advised to reduce your stress. For me whether stress / not, if eat / not eat the gas was generating in my stomach and leaking through anus. (No sounds). While walking, sitting, even sometimes in bed as well. I was not able to control. Not always / not 24 hours.. But mainly after lunch to evening times. Because of my tension in front of others I always used to go to restrooms and try to make sure that nothing pending to discharge that create gas in front of others. But this worsened my IBS activity. People in order to take advantage on me they tried to sneeze etc in front of me as teasing. However, me and my society gradually accepted the condition as part of my life and I practiced to control my food and exercise, like avoided non veg, regular walking etc (the only way I found to manage the condition as doctors could not recommend anything).

Past 2-3 years I found that there is some dirt accumulated in my belly button one or two times in a week with hairs in it with bad smell (no discharge but it was slight wet). I remove them when found thinking that because of the body sweat it happened (not reported to any doctor). Now about one month I found discharge from umbilicus (belly button) a red / yellow colour discharge with foul smell. This discharge is drying and when removed there are hairs found as clouted in it. But now the discharge is very severe and I cannot walk / move / sleep it makes my clothes wet with blood and puzz and bad odour to body.

I given a very detailed description of my situation for the medical professionals / others to understand the situation and comment.
Discharge from the bellybutton is typically due to some sort of infection process in that area. It needs to be evaluated by a doctor before a treatment plan can be suggested.
you are writing infection - more than 2-3 months, i am cleaning with HP every day, but still the puzz is coming, the bb is wet and when cleaned can see the blood inside? what is it?
There is unfortunately no way for any of us on this board or another board to tell you exactly what might be going on. You need to see a doctor and have him/her evaluate it. HP probably isn't doing harm, but it's also not clearing up the problem which may have to be treated with antibiotics. Please call and get an appointment. Having an infection for several months times is not good for your body.
Sir, I know it's not good.. but u know why I posted this.. because right now i am an unemployed not having medical insurance to go for a private clinic check up. Here in USA public hospitals are also based on insurance, when I went to emergency division they told it is an acute condition not come under emergency. How I will treat ie why I posted on this blog
CalGal is completely correct.  You need antibiotics.  That is the treatment.  Antibiotics need to be prescribed by a doctor.  There is no way around that.