Gastroparesis, Hiatal Hernia, no reflux
My husband has been having several problems with chest pressure and constantly feeling like he needs to belch to relieve the pressure.  The pressure and slight pain sometimes radiates under his armpit or into his neck and back also.  He gets dizzy and disoriented.  He has had an egd, gastric emptying study, and an egd with bravo.  The results were that he has an hiatal hernia and gastroparesis.  He was directed to continue taking his Nexium and prescribed Reglan for the gastroparesis.  The Bravo showed that he wasn't having reflux, the acid wasn't rising and reaching the Bravo at all.  When he went in for a follow up visit he told his doctor that he was experiencing a lot of pressure and dizziness still.  She switched him to Erythromycin which hasn't seemed to help either.  She also ordered an ultrasound to check his gallbladder and that came back normal.  Any suggestions?  He has really been watching what he eats and the amount he eats and that doesn't seem to help either.  Is his acid level too low maybe?  I have read about Apple Cider Vinegar and he is going to try that.
I read on-line about hiatal hernia and I tried the self-massage technique described here and felt immediately better.
look up ****.com/hiatal-hernia-massage.shtml
Thank you!  We will try that also.
Welcome to the gastroenterology community!  Is he making sure to eat a low-fat, low-fiber diet with many small meals throughout the day?  Do you live in the US?
He just started paying attention to his fiber intake, but has been eating smaller meals for a while.  We are in the US.
Domperidone is a drug that is helpful for gastroparesis, but it is currently not FDA approved in the US.  However, it still can be obtained through some pharmacies (usually compounding pharmacies or online pharmacies).
      What relieves chest pressure frm gastroparesis?