Gastroenterology Community
I need help! PLEASE! please please please please?!?!

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Ok so I have had this weird "disorder" i guess I'll call it, for about 4 years now! it is absolutely horrible and it has officially ruined my entire life. I am only 17 and I just want to commit suicide because it's so horrible. I SMELL LIKE POOP ALL OF THE TIME! i cant smell it but others cough, cover their nose, say something, etc. It got so bad that I left my school and I go to online school now. I never outwrite mentinoed it to any of my family members or any of my friends (of course I dont have any friends now because of it). It is sort of like the elephant in the room everywhere I go. I believe that it started in 7th grade when i became extrememly depressed and stressed out because I had to go to a really hard school (my parents forced me and wouldnt let me go to public school with my friends). Ever since then it has been getting increasingly worse. I have tried eliminating food. no help. Chlorophyll. nada. different probiotics. nothing. I am kinda constipated sometimes but whether I go or not i still smell. Its weird because even if I just farted once in the morning and i just walk by someone they immediately cover their nose I dont know if i am farting and cant tell or if I just smell. Im always bloated and i got teased so bad when i went to regular school. People called me "the gas station" and everyone thought i was pregnant because of how bloated I was. Looking back on it I have no idea how I survived being around people so much because the teasing was just awful! I cant control it no matter how hard I try. My family never used to smell it, but now they do. Like i said before, it is getting increasingly worse. Im going to be a senior in high school next year so Im going to have to go to college in about a year and I DONT WANT TO GO AS THE SMELLY PERSON AGAIN! I want to be normal. Mt parents just think im weird and insocial and they never once htought may be i never want to leave the house because i smell... It's awful and I need help. Does anyone have any success stories? Is there a cure? All of the doctors I've been to say IBS, but i remain unconvinced. If it is just IBS and there is no cure then suicide awaits me! I know it sounds ddramatic but everyone instantly judges me and assumes Im just gross and dont bathe when I really bathe at least twice a day. Id rather have a horrible life threating disease than this because at least I could make the most of my life before I die. What is life without friends and family?  Also my family just thinks that I am obsessive and self diagnose too much. May be I am but Im just trying ti find a cure.  I am very religous and I pray to God CONSTANTLY but nothing changes. It only gets worse. ALSO! I have Celiac disease and IBS. I never eat wheat (I havent for over a year) so I know it is somehting more than just the Celiac. All I want is to be better. This is absolutely horrendous and I need some help here. Any takers??
I know you said you've tried eliminating food, and trying chlorophyll, but you didn't specify what foods you eliminated and for how long. Try a week long DETOX program (look up the maple syrup/lemonade detox) and then go a full month without dairy products, red meat, eggs, fish, beans, coffee, alchohol, flour, hydrogenated oils, or sugars. NO junk foods, spicy foods, fried foods or baked sweets! Go on a highly plant-based diet; leafy greens, fresh fruits, soy products, whole grains, nuts, sprouts, eat as much RAW foods as you can stand, and take a daily vitamin and a fiber supplement. And I know this seems to be counter-intuitive, but don't use mouthwash or underarm deodorant; they're clogging your pores and killing the good bacteria.
thank you fore responding! i eliminated all dairy, sweets, and fats for about two weeks. I basically ate broccoli, egg whites, and brown rice. Its hard for me because I am vegetarian as well. I'll try what you said.
I would recommend seeing a doctor and being evaluated for small intestinal bacteria overgrowth.  I would recommend an elimination diet, but a different one than what Jean_Marie recommends.  I would recommend eliminating all lactose for 2 weeks.  With the celiac disease, do you avoid all oats?  I personally don't believe in the raw foods thing or the mouthwash/deodorant thing.  I don't think that you have IBS as your symptoms don't match that.

I really think you need to see a therapist about this.  I realize going through this problem is very difficult but you need to learn how to stand up to other people and not let this ruin your life.  You seem depressed, and I don't blame you, but even if this problem can't be fixed, you can live your life through this.  Stay strong!!!
Thank you. I am a bit depressed but I have been sick for so long that it just seems like it will never get better sometimes. Ive had endoscopies and colonoscopies and I've been tested for other allergies so many times! Ane nothing shows up. Its bizarre!
I know what you mean.  I'm about the same age as you and I have been sick for 3 years.  If you are truely considering suicide you need to consult a therapist.  There are medications that help this.  You can overcome people's opinions of you.
I don't think that I am truly considering it. I think that I am just really frustrated and upset that nothing has worked yet.
That's good to hear.  Have you thought about the things I suggested (avoiding oats, being evaluated for small intestinal bacteria overgrowth)?
Don't know much about this personally, but  I don't think your alone.  I saw this once and thought of it when I read your post. Go to the search medhelp button and type in " patm"(people allergic to me) . I think you will find it interesting, and hopefully helpful , if only to know your not alone. I understand your feelings. Keep praying. God is near.  I'll pray for you too.
Yes I am going to do that. I don't eat ooats now but I will continue to do so. My mom said she'll take me to a natropath doctor so may be Ill get some different answers. Thank you for being so helpful :)
Thank you for responding! I will definately check it out.
Have you looked up small intestinal bacteria overgrowth?